DONATE YOUR VEHICLE
Whether you have a vehicle to donate, or you’re looking to buy an affordable used vehicle, MARE’s Vehicle Donation Program is a win/win!
Susan Wornick describes MARE'S Car Donation Program as one of
the “better ways to maximize donation dollars.”
What can you donate? Cars, trucks, motorcycles, even some boats can be donated.
There are many reasons to donate your vehicle to MARE:
- You avoid the costs, responsibility (i.e., Massachusetts Lemon Law) and time of trying to sell the car yourself or investing in further repair costs.
- Route 128 Used Auto Parts & Sales processes all donated vehicles on behalf of MARE and maximizes each donation by limiting administrative costs. The highest percentage of a liquidated vehicle is directly passed on to MARE.
Why is MARE’s Car Donation Program a better option?
- Cars donated to MARE are never rushed into an auction sale.
- Your donated vehicle will stay on the Route 128 Used Car lot until it is sold to a willing buyer for maximum value.
- You get that maximum value for your tax deduction (or $500, whichever is higher), if eligible.
- MARE receives 50% of the proceeds when a donated vehicle is sold (most other vehicle donation programs contribute only 7% - 10% to their designated charity).
The funds received from the donation of your vehicle help MARE provide vital programs and services that help find adoptive families for children living in foster care.
Depending on your tax situation, you may be able to take a tax deduction for your car donation. Consult your tax advisor for more details.
MARE has developed a partnership with Route 128 Used Auto Parts & Sales in Waltham, MA to recycle the vehicles that are donated to our organization through this program. Route 128 has been in business for over 30 years, and their professional, hardworking staff are dedicated to ensuring that you have a pleasant experience throughout the donation process.
How to Donate a Vehicle:
- Call Route 128 Used Auto Parts & Sales, at (866) 962-3678. Please have your title available if possible.
- The Program Coordinator will take information about the vehicle, arrange for FREE TOWING or if you prefer, you can drop it off.
Donate online by following this link to our Car Donation Form.
- At the time of pick-up or drop-off, you will receive a receipt for the donation. Within thirty days of our notification that your vehicle was dropped off or picked up for donation, you will receive a donation acknowledgement and thank you letter from MARE that will be part of your documentation for tax purposes.
Please direct questions about the Car Donation Program to Marcia Mousaad at 617-54-ADOPT (617-542-3678) or 1-800-882-1176.
How can I buy a donated vehicle?
Just call Route 128 Used Auto Parts & Sales at (866) 962-3678. They’ll tell you what donated vehicles they have on the lot for sale. One recent shopper picked up a 1997 BMW for only $2800. He got a good deal, MARE got a good contribution, and the BMW’s donor got a great tax deduction. The lot is conveniently located in Waltham, right alongside Route 128. Buy your next used car from the MARE Vehicle Donation Program!